Williamstown Camera Club Competitions
2016 sees us continue with six (6) competitions throughout the year and an End Of Year competition at the yearend. All members are encouraged to take photos for the purpose of entering the competition rather than trawling their catalogue for images that match the set theme. The purpose of the competitions is to inspire creativity and to challenge members to produce quality images. With each set subject we will also include an Open entry pool. In the open category you are permitted to enter any image for consideration.
Our set subjects for 2016 are listed below. The subject descriptions may evolve over time:
- Monochrome/Black and White and Open - Only one colour is used to tone the photo. Entries due: February 23, 2016.
- Panorama and Open - The long side of the photo should be at least twice as long as the short side of the photo. Can be either landscape or portrait. Entries due: April 12, 2016.
- Series and Open - two or more works designed to be displayed and appreciated together. Eg several images in one print or digital image like a diptych or triptych or even quadriptych, pentaptych, hexaptych, heptaptych, etc. Entries due: May 24, 2016.
- Candid and Open - A candid photograph is a photograph captured mostly in motion, without creating a posed appearance. This is achieved by avoiding prior preparation of the subject and by either surprising the subject or by not distracting the subject during the process of taking photos. Thus, the candid character of a photo is unrelated to the subject's knowledge about or consent to the fact that photos are being taken, and unrelated to the subject's permission for subsequent usage such as distribution. The crucial factor is the actual absence of posing. Entries due: July 12, 2016.
- After Dark and Open - what happens after the sun goes down. Entries due: August 23, 2016.
- Street Photography and Open - An image illustrating the human condition in an urban environment. Entries due: October 11, 2016.
End of Year Competition
Entries for the End of Year Competition must have been entered in one of the earlier competitions in 2016. It doesn't have to have earned a placing, just been entered. You are free to make changes to the image, however it must be entered in the same format it was entered previously.
Entries Due: November 8, 2016.
Members who require further clarification are encourage to contact us for more clarity on any subject via
Competition Rules for full details of entry requirements.
VAPS Interclub - Entries due: March 8, 2016
Camberwell Interclub - Entries due: May 10, 2016
Knox Monochrome Interclub - Entries due: June 14, 2016