Phillip Island Weekend Away
A packed agenda organised by Gayle, Margaret, and the team. Covers Saturday and Sunday's events as well as some extras for those arriving on the Friday.
Friday Night - 23rd August
For those who may be arriving late afternoon near sunset time, but are
getting close to Phillip Island, you could stop at Grantville for a sunset
Turn right into Pier Road.
Otherwise, sunset at San Remo at the bridge.
Dinner at the
San Remo hotel at 6.30pm. (need to check on sunset times)
Need to book a week in advance.
Possible astro photography session
Saturday- 24th August
Sunrise: Cleeland Bight
- Take the Woolami Beach Road off the Phillip Island Road.
- Turn left at The Cranny, and follow the road to Vista Drive.
- Turn right.
- Turn left into Cottesloe Avenue.
- Parking and toilets at the end.
Explore the island, or checkout one of the places of interest listed below.
1.30pm: Churchill Island.
- Entry fees are $13.20 adult/$9.20 pensioner. Group discount available.
- Café facilities available.
- The island closes at 4.30pm.
Sunset: Red Rocks Point.
- Meet there are 4.45pm.
- Head back towards Cowes on the Phillip Island Road,
- Turn left into Ventnor Road,
- then right into Red Rocks Road.
- Rock formations, suitable for a model. Interesting colour in rocks.
Note: Access to the rocks by the closest carparking area is by steps Otherwise a path leads to the beach, then walk left along to the rocks. Toilets available Dinner at the RSL. At 6.30 (again need to check on sunset times) Need to book a week in advance. Copies of menu available.