Whip Around the Internet
A quick wrap up of some of the things we've found on our travels around the Internet this week. And don't forget we're on Twitter @williamstowncc, we'll often post links and interesting stuff we find to Twitter.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- It's here, surprisingly soon after the release of Lightroom 4 just about a year and a half ago. Sadly we're still getting a little gouged on the price... $186.00. But still well worth the price given some of it's amazing new features. Find out more and get Lightroom 5 from Adobe.
- If you're upgrading, you can get an ePub to take you through the changes for just US$5.00: Lightroom 5 - Up to Speed from Craft & Vision.
- If you prefer video tutorials Creative Live will be streaming a "Lightroom 5" class from Tuesday (our time) and runs for 3 days (see Creative Live link below for more info).
We've written about Creative Live (CL) before, but in case you've forgotten we thought we'd highlight a few of the upcoming courses. The way CL works is to stream the courses live, then replay them about an hour after the day's course ends. This means, while courses typically start at 2am our time (AEST) they generally start to replay around 10am or 11am our time. Watching the live or replay of the day's course is free.
The courses are also available for purchase and a very low cost of $99 during the course (for most) or $129 after the course is over. Either way these are bargains for the amount of information you'll be getting for your buck.
Upcoming courses for photographers include:
- Creative Studio Lighting with Lindsay Adler (on now - Thursday June 13)
- Quick Location Lighting with Rick Friedman (Friday, June 14, 2am)
- Speedlights with Roverto Valenzuela (Saturday, June 15, 2am - 1 day)
- Natural Light Control (Sunday, June 16, 2am - 1 day)
- Hack Your Light with Chuck Arlund (Monday, June 17, 2am - 1 day)
- Lightroom 5 with Jack Davis (Tuesday, June 18, 2am - 3 days)
- Partners in Light are running some night photography workshops you might be interested in. Thanks to member Andrea for the heads up.
- App Showdown looks at the best camera apps for your iPhone.
If you find anything you think members should know about or may be interested in, send it through to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll include it in a future "Whip Around the Internet", which we're now hoping to do once a week.