Members are encouraged to check their email for correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be endeavouring to conduct meetings via Zoom for the duration of the pandemic restrictions and will direct members to our Zoom links through email or via our private group on Facebook.
If you aren't receiving emails from the club, usually at the rate of at least one per week, please email email@example.com so we can ensure we have your correct email address on file.
Due to COVID-19 pandemic and the non-negotiable Government and Health Authority requirements for managing this crisis, WCC Committee has made the following decisions:
- Wilsons Prom weekend away is cancelled. If members booked through a company that allows cancellation (e.g. Booking.com), then cancel immediately. If members booked their accommodation direct, then contact the provider and ask for a deferment to allow the booking to be used in 2021. (Note: I had overseas tours, flights and a Luxury Escapes booking for April - May 2020. Flights have all been refunded; all the other bookings have been deferred with a requirement to use the booking before end of 2021.)
- Full Flight Birds of Prey has been postponed until after restrictions of COVID-19 have been lifted.
- WCC Committee made a decision on how Comp 2 could progress in liaison with the judge. The judge will evaluate entries remotely, make comments and scores, and then put digital copies of entries, comments and scores on a Powerpoint presentation. This presentation will be available to members.
- Discussion on a plan for Competition 3 is in progress. Due to Social Distancing requirements, it is almost certain that this competition will be a "Digital only" competition.
- WCC Committee is meeting (non-face to face) in the near future to put forward a program that continues to engage members with possible presentations from the presenters we have engaged, (one option) and to provide photographic challenges to members.
Without doubt these are very challenging times. Take all the advice from Health Authorities. Keep safe and healthy.
Today is the official start of Art In Public Places in Hobsons Bay. Like the years prior Williamstown Camera Club have set up a showing at the Victoria Inn in Williamstown with 28 photos on display.
On Wednesday, March 26, 2014, Hobsons Bay Council held the official launch of Art In Public at Scienceworks in Spotswood. Our club was invited to be the official photographer for the event.
There was a string quartet playing in the planetarium entrance, welcoming the guests. The guests then made their way down the to the pumping station where the night's events were held.
Speeches were made by the Mayor, Councillor Sandra Wilson, and Deputy Mayor, Councillor Colleen Gates. There was also a body percussion performance by Grace Vanilau, and a showing of the Projector Bike.
It seems the night was over as soon as it began. Graeme Brown, Cathy Buchanan, Trevor Davis, Lisa Sandy, Andrea Sparks and I brought our cameras along and captured the event in its entirety. The gallery below shows a small selection of these photos.
A few updates from last week's meeting and other small items that have come up in the last week or so. Includes information about the book Neil mentioned "Cambodia with Love", photo enlargements, matting and framing.
p>An annual wrap up from our club President. A look at the awards, our new life member, the 2013 sylabus, 2013 calendars and our theme for 2013; "Shoot with intent".
p>Details of this weekend's photoshoot, call for end of years awards night slide show entries, 2013 Calendars and AAA Sailing Training Photos.
Our trip to Phillip Island is coming up this weekend. Think good thoughts for the weather. We're looking forward to a great weekend.
Please note the following programme is subject to change.
The opening will be on Tuesday 3rd April, commencing at 4pm. It will move progressively between 3 venues in Douglas Pde, Williamstown, starting at Sussiâ€™s CafÃ© (no 79-83), The Victoria Inn (65-67) and Prince Albert Hotel (149). Browse between the 3 place to find a familiar face. Or just go straight to the Vic Inn to see the WCC display.
Press release follows.
Today is the "soft launch" of our new Williamstown Camera Club website.
With a greater focus on large, beautiful imagery our website will bring to the fore the wonderful work of our members. With future updates still in the pipeline it will also make entering competitions, adding content, creating dynamic galleries and interacting with other members much easier.