Most of May's VAPS NewsBrief deals with the upcoming VAPS Convention. Registration is open until the 15th May for the May 25/26th event at Brighton Grammar School.
- VAPS Convention Information
- Accommodation deals for those attending the convention
- Course and workshop information
- Photographic tours to New York and Norfolk Island
- The Skipton & District Photographic Show (entries close May 10th)
- Some light humour about horse meat in hamburgers
Download a copy of the May 2013 VAPS NewsBrief PDF
For our second competition of the year our set subject was "Triptych".
p>Well, our first Club weekend for the year has now come and gone with 37 Members (including a few family and friends) attending at Halls Gap. The weather was kind, despite the forecast for a little rain, though both the mornings and evenings were quite chilly. Some stayed for 1 night and others for 3 â€“ we were scattered all over town, which meant that we were all within 4 minutes of each other!! (Halls Gap is not very big). We stayed in caravans, YHA, flats, motels and apartments, ate out, drank lots of coffee in between times, bought other miscellaneous stuff and hopefully helped the local economy.
Adobe has released Lightroom 5 as a public beta, with some exciting new features that I'm sure many members will love. Perspective fixing with "Upright", custom layouts in books, smart previews, radial filters, an improved healing tool and more.
April's VAPS Newbrief is a little light on this month. We have a reports from the VAPS president, Peter Kewley and Badges and Awards Director, Fred Everett. News about shows, courses and workshops. There's also a little information about accommodation for the upcoming VAPS Convention.
Download the VAPS Newsbrief April 2013 as a PDF.
A presentation was created a few weeks back on how to create a Tritych. You can download the presentation, in Microsoft Powerpoint Format: click to download.
p>For our first competition of the year our set subject was "Emotions/Moods" and we had some great entries.
Women's Health West recently ran a photo competition with the theme Equity and justice for women in the west: through women's eyes. This is a copy of my acceptance speech.
Wow – thank you to Women's health West for the opportunity to enter their competition and win this lovely prize for my photo of the juggling act.
In December's VAPS Newbrief.
- President's report
- A message from the badges and awards director
- Details about about Wdonga-Albury Camera Club's 60th Anniversary Dinner coming up on February.
- Information about the Benalla and Wodonga/Albury Camera Clubs Paatsch Challenge.
- A field report about Doncaster Camera Club's visit to the Grampians.
- Advertisements for courses, seminars and for 2013.
Download the VAPS Newsbrief January 2013 as a PDF.